The Department of Commerce and Investment is responsible for the grant & regulation of licensing for most businesses in the Cayman Islands.
DCI processes applications for Trade, Tobacco, Liquor, SEZA, Cinematograph and Local Companies Control Licensing.
Keeping you up to date on the latest DCI News and Happenings is important to us. For more on news that is important to your business, click here.
- Renee Rankin Lands Chief Officer Award
- By showing steadfast commitment to her business and special economic zone licensing duties, Mrs Renee Rankin has received the Chief Officer’s Award for June as the top employee for the Ministry of Financial Services, Commerce and the Environment. 26th August 2015, 2:05pm
- Thais Ducent Receives Government’s Highest Praise.
- Within the Ministry of Commerce, Thais Ducent is well-respected for her thorough knowledge of the business licensing process. 26th August 2015, 1:52pm
- Money-Services Businesses to Continue
- Some MSBs have established new arrangements that will allow them to continue providing remittance services for Cayman Islands customers; and Western Union remains in fruitful discussions with interested parties. 25th August 2015, 9:22am
- Public Asked for Views on Sunday Trading
- The Ministry of Commerce is asking the public if changes should be made to The Sunday Trading Law, in response to the changing social and economic environment. 1st August 2014, 11:53am